It's time to check in again on some of our former Cougars currently playing in the NBA. Let's take a closer look at a couple of the key players from BYU's 2010-2011 NCAA Tournament team, Jimmer Fredette and Brandon Davies.
Jimmer Fredette (Sacramento Kings): Jimmer experienced the best game of his career against the Knicks this past week. Jimmer scored 24 points in New York and shot extremely well from behind the arc, going 6-8 and shot .750 percent. This helped Jimmer get out of his shooting rut where he only put up 4 points in the previous 3 games. Jimmer is averaging 6.0 PPG and 11.5 MPG.
Brandon Davies (Philadelphia 76ers): Brandon Davies has been sitting out since he injured his right pinky finger, he has missed the last 14 games. "It's not fun sitting out", "It feels like it's been forever." Davies said regarding his injury. He is expected to miss the next few weeks. Before his injury Davies was averaging 2.5 PPG and 2.0 RPG in 37 games.
Be sure to check back regularly to see how your favorite former Cougars are faring in the NBA this season.
- BYU vs Saint Mary's Game Recap: BYU keeps the faith and wins 60-57
- What you need to Know: BYU vs Saint Mary's II (Basketball Edition)
- BYU vs Pacific Recap: Pacific shoots down the Cougars in the second half.
- BYU Football schedules home and home with ASU
- What you need to Know: BYU vs Pacific II (Basketball Edition)