Wednesday is the lone chance fans will get to see BYU and Utah play a rivalry game in the two major college sports, and it is bigger than usual. Utah is ranked 13th in the nation coming off a huge win over Wichita State. Delon Wright, Jordan Loveridge, and Jakob Poeltl provide a substantial challenge to Tyler Haws, Kyle Collinsworth, and Chase Fischer.
In this episode:
- Utah both defend and play offense very well. (1:35)
- Appreciating Tyler Haws, Kyle Collinsworth, and Chase Fischer (3:00)
- Anson Winder is a great example of the value of not transferring. (8:05)
- Luke Worthington is key to getting defensive stops. (10:15)
- BYU is scoring in half-court, but teams are starting to anticipate some sets. (11:50)
- A look at the University of Utah personnel: a big Austrian and deadly arsenal from deep. (15:30)
- A look at Weber State University's season. (21:23)
- With wins, what does that mean for BYU? (24:35)
- BYU-Utah matchups: Collinsworth vs. Wright, Haws vs. Loveridge, Poeltl vs. Worthkaufustin (25:20)
- How much is home court worth? (28:25)
- Game and score predictions (29:55)
Looking for more podcasting fun? Of course you are! Check out VTF's Jake Welch and the internet's Zach Bloxham on the "Zone Leaders Podcast"
About The Show
2002 Daily Herald Utah County Name of the Year Award Winner Tosh Mackintosh and Keith Shirts are two friends who bond over BYU Sports. Obsessed, passionate, and opinionated, they chop it up over BYU Hoops and Football.
Here are a few iTunes reviews of the show. Feel free to add yours.
Do you have a reason to hate an opponent, or have a source for what Bronco's fireside talk title will be? Share with us!
Leave a voicemail with your take at 512-8BYUWIN or 512-829-8946
Email the show: CougarCast@gmail.com