BYU Hoops will be debuting with their now annual novelty event Boom Shakalaka. It attempts to features all the fan fair and excitement of a Saturday Night of a NBA All-Star Weekend, but instead of showcasing the All Star professionals, it features only members of the BYU Basketball family! It is a formula that really works for Tosh and Keith. So, please enjoy our 15 minute audio preview and love letter to Boom Shakalaka.
In this episode of CougarCast:
- Will the Utah Jazz Bear be invited back? If so, will he continue to be the stingiest slam dunk contest judge of all time?
- The BYU Dunk team will feature acrobatic flight achieved through a trampoline apparatus of several people with the resulting stunt concluding with a thunder jam by Cosmo Cougar.
- Which players should be featured in the slam dunk contest? Who do we think will win now that BYU dunk king Josh Sharp is graduated?
- Will Jordan Chapman give us some #DinnerServed?
- Can any of the BYU Women's Basketball players dunk? (Would be awesome if one can.)
- The main event of the evening should be the 3-point shooting contest. Nick Emery! Lexi Eaton Rydalch! Chase Fischer! Makenzi Morrison Pulsipher! Jake Toolson! Erin Thorn! Jeff Judkins! SSSSPPPPPLLLLAAAAAASSSSSHHHHH!!!!!!
- Why Boom Shakalaka is the biggest night of the year for Elijah Bryant.
- WHO DOESN'T WANT TO SEE ALAN "THE HAMMER" HAMSON ROCK THE RIM?!
Need more podcasting goodness? Check out The Zone Leaders with Steve Pierce and Jake Welch. This week they discuss how the BYU Football team has the knack for comebacks.
About The Show
2002 Daily Herald Utah County Name of the Year Award Winner Tosh Mackintosh and Keith Shirts are two friends who bond over BYU Sports. Obsessed, passionate, and opinionated, they chop it up over BYU Hoops and Football.
Here are a few iTunes reviews of the show. Please add yours.
Do you have a reason to hate an opponent, or have a source for what Bronco's fireside talk title will be? Share with us!