Are you the plugged-in BYU fan all your buddies come to for information? Are you a college student who is looking for additional writing experience and mentorship to lay the foundation for a career in sports journalism? Do you want to help join what we believe should be the premier website for BYU sports, news, and commentary on the Internet?
If any of the above ring true, awesome. We'd love to have you at Vanquish the Foe. VTF is looking to add several new writers to our team, to make sure we're 100% ready for what should be an exciting and important year for Cougar sports.
We'd like our writers to be able to commit to publishing at least 1-2 articles a week, on BYU topics of their choosing.
Depending on your work, dedication and talent, there are always opportunities for talented writers with high enthusiasm and overall creativeness. In particular, we'd love to hear from those that like writing about recruiting (this is always a big focus), BYU football, and BYU basketball (though we love non-revenue sports as well).
Our ideal candidate:
- Has strong knowledge about BYU, both current and historical.
- Possesses strong writing skills.
- Has a nose for news, both in knowing what is important and identifying where to find it.
- Is able to write and publish quickly while remaining accurate.
- Is a self-starter who can work with minimal direction.
- Possesses solid social media skills, especially on Twitter.
- Is comfortable working in a virtual environment.
Previous writing experience is preferred, but not required. If you'd like to join our team, or would just like more information, please email a resume (and a writing sample) to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to having you join our family! Go Cougs!