The BYU Cougars travel to Michigan to take on Big Ten opponent the Michigan State Spartans. Michigan State has suffered 2 straight losses including last weekend’s overtime loss to Indiana. The Spartans will be desperate to avoid their 3rd consecutive defeat. Meanwhile, BYU enters October with a set of 5-games that were thrillers.
With a national television audience, these two programs first ever meeting should be yet another close and competitive contest. Listen as Tosh and Keith take a look at this matchup from all the angles.
In this episode:
- Jamaal Williams everybody! (2:10)
- The win against Toledo may have been bigger than initially realized. (6:00)
- The state of Michigan has not been friendly to BYU Football. The last time BYU won in the state of Michigan was 1968. The last time the Cougars scored a touchdown in MI? 1970. (8:45)
- Michigan State’s defensive scheme is nicely suited to take away what BYU’s offense is comfortable with. (10:30)
- The Spartans top NFL Draft prospect DT Malik McDowell is out for the 1st half against BYU following a targeting penalty against Indiana. (15:00)
- Have defenses taken away Jamaal Williams this season, or have they persuaded Ty Detmer to call more pass plays with their alignments? (16:45)
- BYU is constructed like a Big Ten team. (17:45)
- The BYU defensive line must generate more pass rush. (20:30)
- Don’t sleep on Kai Nacua’s greatness. (22:00)
- BYU defense has sure missed a lot of tackles over the past two weeks. (24:15)
- Ten for Tosh! (25:40)
- Tosh’s game and score predictions (32:15)
- Keith’s game and score predictions (34:45)
About the Show
2002 Daily Herald Utah County Name of the Year Award Winner Tosh Mackintosh and Keith Shirts are two friends who bond over BYU Sports. Obsessed, passionate, and opinionated, they chop it up over BYU Hoops and Football.
Here are a few iTunes reviews of the show. Please add yours.
Email the show: CougarCast@gmail.com
Follow @CougarCast on Twitter