BYU (1-1) will be looking to rebound from its heartbreaking loss to Utah as the Cougars head home to LaVell Edwards Stadium for the first time this season. The Cougars will face Josh Rosen and the UCLA Bruins (1-1), BYU’s third Pac-12 opponent in as many games.
Facing one of the nation’s most talented young quarterbacks in Rosen, BYU’s offense will likely need to put up more points this week than they have in each of the first two games if they want to come away with a victory on Saturday.
The Cougars will be without defenders Kai Nacua and Austin McChesney for the first half of the matchup due to their targeting ejections in the second half last week. Replacing Nacua will be a challenge for the Cougars. The defensive captain has been a huge difference maker for the Cougars with three interceptions on the season (tied for 1st in the FBS), all which have come at crucial moments for BYU.
If you won’t be at LaVell Edwards Stadium for the game, here is the info on how to tune into the matchup.
- Saturday, September 17th, 8:15 p.m. MDT (8:21 p.m. kickoff)
- LaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, UT
TV Broadcast Team:
- Allen Bestwick - play-by-play
- Mike Bellott - analyst
- Kris Budden - sideline
- Countdown to Kickoff (7:00 p.m. MDT on BYUtv & byutvsports.com)
- Dave McCann joined by BYUtv's team of football analysts and reporters
- BYUtv Sports Post-Game (Immediately following the game, approx. 11:30 p.m. MDT on BYUtv & byutvsports.com)
- Player & coach interviews, highlights, and analysis
- Cougar IMG Sports Network
- KSL NewsRadio (BYU call)
- Bruin IMG Radio Network (UCLA Call)
- Sirius/XM Radio Channel 143 (BYU Radio)
- WatchESPN (participating providers)
- UCLA vs. BYU will be rebroadcast on BYUtv Sunday, September 18th at 12:30 a.m. MDT.