Through the first 25 percent of the season, the BYU Cougars are half a team. The defense has played well enough to have BYU at 3-0. The offense hasn’t. So, BYU is 1-2.
Next up for the Cougars are the West Virginia Mountaineers. Taysom Hill is still the starting quarterback against WVU. Can the Y find points this Saturday?
In this episode:
- New coaches, but the Cougars are the familiar 1-2. (0:30)
- People that still want Taysom Hill as the starting quarterback fall into 4 categories. The first group argues that BYU’s offensive line and wide receivers are dog meat. They say that it doesn’t matter who the QB is because most everyone that plays offense at BYU isn’t good. Tosh and Keith investigate. (4:00)
- The second group argues that Ty Detmer has put in an offense that doesn’t fit Taysom. He should have built his scheme around Hill. (9:00)
- The third group argues that they are encouraged by what they have seen. They are patient and trust that Taysom and Ty are going to put it together — it just takes a few games. (10:30)
- The fourth group argues that Taysom Hill has been loyal, has overcome injuries, and has given BYU fans some fun moments. If he’s benched, it essentially ends his football career and BYU shouldn’t do that to him. Taysom deserves to be the starting quarterback — on field results aside. (11:15)
- Can West Virginia’s defense overload the box and press cover? (13:45)
- Can the BYU defense slow down Mountaineer QB Skylar Howard? (20:00)
- West Virginia running backs Rushel Shell III and Justin Crawford (22:00)
- Tosh loves the BYU linebackers! They are all back next season! (24:00)
- Ten for Tosh! (25:45)
- Keith’s game and score predictions (33:40)
- Tosh’s game and score predictions (35:40)
About the Show
2002 Daily Herald Utah County Name of the Year Award Winner Tosh Mackintosh and Keith Shirts are two friends who bond over BYU Sports. Obsessed, passionate, and opinionated, they chop it up over BYU Hoops and Football.
Here are a few iTunes reviews of the show. Please add yours.
Email the show: CougarCast@gmail.com
Follow @CougarCast on Twitter