It is the biggest game of the year! BYU vs. Utah football is always the signature sporting event for the state and Keith and Tosh are ready to help you get ready to watch the game.
The Cougars have made a habit of shooting themselves in the foot so much against Utah over the last 5 games that Cosmo probably only have tiny little corgi legs. BYU has had 19 turnovers to Utah’s 5 turnovers during the Utes 5-game win streak. Can BYU play mistake free enough to end the losing streak?
In this episode of CougarCast:
- Tosh’s experience at the University of Arizona game (1:00)
- First impression of Ty Detmer’s offense and Taysom Hill’s return (2:50)
- Ilaisa Tuiaki’s defense looks tough and fun to watch (5:00)
- Special Teams Observations (6:30)
- Jamaal Williams, everybody! (9:20)
- Is Utah in BYU’s head? (11:10)
- Utah has dominated field position battles, ball security, and special teams against the Cougars over the last 5 games. (15:15)
- Utah has generated 5 defensive touchdowns during their 5-game win-streak. (19:50)
- Ed Lamb has been watching game film on Utah every day even during the Arizona game week (20:40)
- BYU’s Offense vs. Utah’s Defense — how to beat Taysom. (23:10)
- Redzone offense for BYU is going to be huge. (24:40)
- Utah DTs Lowell Lotulelei and Filipo Mokofisi are a load for any offensive line. (27:00)
- The way to beat Utah’s defense. (28:50)
- Does the Utah offense scare you? (31:35)
- How much was Utah hiding their playbook against Southern Utah? (33:45)
- Tosh and Keith’s game predictions (36:12)
About the Show
2002 Daily Herald Utah County Name of the Year Award Winner Tosh Mackintosh and Keith Shirts are two friends who bond over BYU Sports. Obsessed, passionate, and opinionated, they chop it up over BYU Hoops and Football.
Here are a few iTunes reviews of the show. Please add yours.
Email the show: CougarCast@gmail.com
Follow @CougarCast on Twitter