Over the past few weeks, we at Vanquish the Foe have rolled out our annual positional previews. From quarterback to punter and everything in between, we previewed each positional group on the team.
With less than three weeks until BYU kicks off versus Portland State, here is some reading for you to get you ready for year two of the Kalani Sitake era. Just click on the positional group to open the link and the contents within.
- Quarterbacks: Can Tanner Mangum surpass his magical 2015 freshman season?
- Running Backs: Who is the most likely candidate to replace Jamaal Williams?
- Wide Receivers: Jonah Trinnamann looks to lead an inexperienced group.
- Tight Ends: Will 2017 be the return of the tight end?
- Offensive Line: An experienced OL will look to anchor the offense.
- Defensive Line: A slew of promising newcomers and returnees will look to bolster BYU’s pass rush.
- Linebackers: Will 2017 be BYU’s best linebacking unit ever?
- Cornerbacks: BYU actually has some depth at this spot.
- Safeties: Who are the top candidates to replace Kai Nacua?
- Special Teams: Jonny Linehan knows how to tweet, but he can kick a little too.
BYU opens the season Saturday, August 26 versus Portland State on ESPN.