The Cougars have once again started a season with the all too familiar record of 1-2. This weekend, they welcome the Wisconsin Badgers to LaVell Edwards Stadium in a bit to avoid falling to 1-3 for the 2nd straight season.
It is going to take a titanic effort for the Cougars to get a win on Saturday.
Along with an in-depth look at the Badgers, Tosh and Keith discuss the shift in thinking that must occur if BYU is going to defeat the Utes again.
On this week’s episode of CougarCast:
- The Cougars have lost 7 in a row to Utah. What has to change to avoid the 8th straight loss in 2018? (1:30)
- The #1 thing that defines the BYU football program right now is that they cannot beat the University of Utah. (6:00)
- The woeful state of the Cougar offense. Desperate times require desperate measures. (11:15)
- How malleable can Ty Detmer be with his desire to run the pro-set offense? (13:00)
- Dealing with Wisconsin’s electric freshman running back Jonathan Taylor and his 8.9 yards per carry. (19:40)
- Stopping future NFL draft pick tight end Troy Fumagalli. Can the Cougars neutralize QB Alex Hornibrook’s security blanket? (22:45)
- A BYU offensive future with Beau Hoge at the helm due to Tanner Mangum’s injury. (25:05)
- As an underdog, BYU has to be able to complete a few downfield throws against the Badgers. (30:10)
- Final predictions and score. (30:50)