As of January 9, college programs can now have a 10th assistant coach on their staff. BYU has yet to name the name the new assistant, but will likely do so in the next week or so. Colleges are required to publish a job posting when they have new openings, and BYU is no different.
The last day to apply is Friday, with a “desired start date” of January 13. If that holds, we could be hearing who BYU’s new assistant is this weekend or early next week. The posting also indicates that the post “may result in multiple hires.”
Anyone can apply, so here are some of the 5 listed qualifications for the job!
- My personal favorite qualification is “Knowledge and understanding of Division I football and NCAA rules preferred.” You would think a coach would be required to understand football rules, but that is only preferred!
- “Division I and/or professional level football coaching and/or competition and training experience strongly preferred.” Okay, so coaching experienced is valued over understanding football rules.
- “Ability to communicate effectively.”
- “Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet usage”
- “Knowledge of and commitment to the BYU Honor Code.”
You can click here on BYU’s official posting to apply and see the full duties and responsibilities. Good luck!