Former BYU players have been in the news recently, particularly with the Super Bowl coming up and the Senior Bowl now wrapped up. Here’s what’s been happening in the BYU sports universe, with a focus on BYU players in the NFL.
- Kyle Van Noy was featured in a recent article by ESPN, where they highlighted the impact he has made on adopted children. Van Noy himself was adopted when he was a baby.
- Fred Warner had a stellar week during Senior Bowl practices, and has caught the eye of many scouts. Jon Ledyard of NDT Scouting highlights Warner and says he could be a “top 50-75” pick with a big performance at the NFL combine.
- Taysom Hill continues to get love from the New Orleans media, as nola.com published a recent interview they had with Fred Warner discussing “athletic freak” Taysom Hill.
- With NFL free agency coming up, many have wondered whether or not the Lions will re-sign Ziggy Ansah. He is considered one of the top 10 free agents in 2018.
- With National Signing Day approaching, SB Nation explained what the different “shirts” — redshirt, grayshirt, blueshirt, greenshirt — all mean. Not directly BYU related, but something all colleges use.