It’s rivalry day and there’s a lot at stake — like a potential eight game losing streak for the BYU Cougars against the no. 18 Utah Utes. The Cougars will travel up I-15 to Salt Lake City to face the Utes in Rice Eccles Stadium.
The Utes are in first place in the Pac-12 South and have clinched a spot in the Pac-12 Championship Game on Nov. 30. Their record on the season is 8-3 despite losing their starting quarterback Tyler Huntley as well as their starting RB Zach Moss to injuries. Utah beat Colorado, 30-7 on the road last week, and had an impressive 32-25 win over Oregon the week before.
Utah is certainly the team that has had more success this season, but anything can happen in a rivalry game, right?
BYU is 6-5 on the year, and just became bowl eligible last week against New Mexico State. The Cougars have shown up to compete in most of their big-time matchups this year, with that win against Wisconsin and those close losses to Boise State and Cal. Will they do it again this week? Here’s how to watch:
- Sat. Nov. 24, 8:00 p.m. MST
- Rice Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Fox Sports 1
TV Broadcast Team:
- Guy Haberman (play by play)
- Evan Moore (analyst)
- Countdown to Kickoff (7 p.m. MST on BYUtv and byutvsports.com)
- Dave McCann and a group of other analysts preview the game.
- BYUtv Sports Post-Game (immediately following the game’s end on BYUtv and byutvsports.com)
- Player and coach interviews, game highlights, analysis, and more.
- FOX Sports Go (must have a cable login)
Leave any and all of your thoughts from before, during, or after the game in the comments below.