With bowl eligibility in hand, BYU now awaits its bowl destination likely sometime between now and Sunday. BYU doesn’t have a bowl agreement this year, but ESPN will make sure BYU gets placed in a bowl game.
Personally, I would like to see BYU play in the Cheez-It bowl. Besides the obvious appeal of the bowl’s name, BYU would be matched up against a Big 12 foe. The three 6-6 Big 12 teams BYU would play are likely TCU, Baylor, or Oklahoma State — all pretty fun matchups if you ask me.
Other than that, most BYU fans would likely want to see BYU play a .500-type Power 5 team than, say, a 9-3 North Texas.
Here is where some of the bigger sites are projecting BYU to play this bowl season.
- vs Wake Forest — Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl; Tampa, Florida; December 20
- vs Middle Tennesse — SERVPRO First Responder Bowl; Dallas, Texas; December 26
- vs TCU — Cheez-It Bowl; Phoenix, Arizona; December 26
- vs Houston — Frisco Bowl; Dallas, Texas; December 19
- vs North Texas — SERVPRO First Responder Bowl; Dallas, Texas; December 26
- vs Cincinnati — Birmingham Bowl; Birmingham, Alabama; December 22