Basketball season is here! (Or more accurately, it’s approximately 24 hours away.)
To help you get ready to roar, Vanquish The Foe’s own Steve Pierce and Robby McCombs are diving deep on this year’s BYU Cougars squad in the very first episode of our brand new, all-hoops podcast, Shut Up and Jimmer. You can listen using the player embedded below.
On this week’s show, we preview the upcoming BYU basketball season, delving into key storylines and questions, including:
- What can we expect to be different from last year’s team?
- Who are going to be the key players for the Cougars to be successful?
- What will Nick Emery’s impact be once he returns from suspension?
- Who needs to take it to the next level to ensure BYU makes it back to the NCAA Tournament?
- What can we expect from the newcomers?
- Will this year’s nonconference schedule be improved enough to build the Cougars’ postseason resume?
We also share our predictions for the season, as well as discussing BYU’s Week 1 matchups with the Nevada Wolf Pack and Utah Valley Wolverines.
Shut Up and Jimmer will release new episodes weekly on Mondays throughout the season, where we’ll break down the latest action from the boys in blue, look ahead to future matchups and maybe even talk a little recruiting.
We hope you’ll join us for the journey. You can take the first step by checking out our first episode below!