BYU stole the spot of a Mountain West team in the Idaho Potato Bowl and will face Western Michigan from the MAC on Friday afternoon.
BYU is back in a bowl game after being ineligible last year. They’ll play on Boise State’s “Smurf Turf” for the second time this year. The first time, they lost to the Broncos (the Boise State ones— not only is BYU on the blue turf again, it’s playing a team with the same mascot), 21-16.
Western Michigan ended the season 7-5, while BYU finished 6-6. You may remember BYU’s other game with a MAC opponent this season — that 7-6 barn burner it lost to NIU. Western Michigan beat NIU in its season finale, 28-21.
If you didn’t make the trip to Boise, here’s how you can watch The Famous Idaho Potato Bowl:
- Fri. Dec. 21, 2:00 p.m. MST
- Albertons Stadium, Boise, Idaho
TV Broadcast Team:
- Roy Philpott (play by play)
- Tom Ramsey (analyst)
- Alex Corddry (sideline)
- Countdown to Kickoff (1 p.m. MST on BYUtv and byutvsports.com)
- Dave McCann and a group of other analysts preview the game.
- BYUtv Sports Post-Game (immediately following the game’s end on BYUtv and byutvsports.com)
- Player and coach interviews, game highlights, analysis, and more.
Leave any and all of your thoughts from before, during, or after the game in the comments below.