A handful of former BYU football players are grabbing headlines with the NFL season now in the rearview mirror and the NFL draft approaching. Here is the latest of what’s going on in the BYU sports world:
- Fred Warner continues to get fly up NFL mock draft boards, as SB Nation’s latest mock draft has Warner going late in the second round to the New England Patriots. Warner would join former Cougars Kyle Van Noy and Harvey Langi as the third BYU linebacker on the Patriots roster.
- Jamaal Williams was known for his ball security at BYU, and he continued that trend in the NFL. Jamaal was one of three NFL running backs with at least 175 touches and zero fumbles during the 2017 season.
- Former BYU linebacker Uani Unga has been named the outside linebackers coach at Utah State. Uani was a defensive administrative assistant for the Aggies during the 2017 season.
- Kyle Collinsworth received the game ball from his first NBA game December 20 versus the Pistons, where he made a 3-pointer on his first shot in the NBA.
- Speaking of Kyle, he followed up his nice performance versus the Rockets with 6 points in 19 minutes versus the Kings last night: