It’s been a slow week for sports news since the Cougars fell in the WCC championship to Gonzaga Tuesday night, but football and basketball news is always out there.
Here is what is going on in the BYU sports world:
- With the win over St Mary’s, BYU should be in the NIT field that will be revealed on Sunday. One site has BYU as a 6 seed facing 3 seed Boise State, while another site projects BYU as a 5 seed. There are eight teams in four quadrants, and the top four seeds in each quadrant get a first round home game.
- With the news of Gonzaga potentially move to the Mountain West, Matt Brown of SB Nation says that a Gonzaga departure could throw everything into chaos for the Cougars.
- Former BYU linebacker Francis Bernard was seen at Utah’s football practices earlier this week. Bernard’s future is still up in the air, but his BYU career is over.
- After a solid week at the NFL combine, one Philadelphia Eagles site has Fred Warner going to the defending Super Bowl champions in the fourth round.
- Jimmer news! The Oakland Raiders are visiting China, and they were greeted by the former BYU star. The Raiders gave him a custom-made Fredette Jersey:
Speaking of Jimmer, he once again made the cover of the latest Sports Illustrated: