BYU Football’s 15 spring practices will culminate with a scrimmage open to the public Saturday morning. Fans can expect to see the team warmup, do individual drills, and play both 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 scrimmages. The gates to LaVell Edwards Stadium open at 10 a.m. MDT.
The spring game provides the chance to see a new offense for the Cougars under the direction of newly hired Offensive Coordinator Jeff Grimes. And aside from glimpsing the offense in general, BYU fans will get a chance to check out the battle for QB firsthand.
It’s been reported that Zach Wilson is running with the 1’s. Is Beau Hoge back from his injuries 100 percent and ready to control the snaps? How does Joe Critchlow look?
On the defensive side of the ball, star cornerbacks Troy Warner and Dayan Ghanwoloku have switched to safety. Who will fill their shoes?
Check here, here, and here to brush up on some of our prior spring football reports before the scrimmage.
Here’s how you can check out the day’s festivities to hopefully get some answers to the questions above, as well as others:
- Sat. Apr. 7, 11:00 a.m. MDT
- LaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, Utah
- “With the implementation of a new offense this year, a strategic decision was made to not televise the scrimmage.” So, no TV coverage, but you can listen on the radio (see below)
Radio Broadcast Team:
- Greg Wrubell (play-by-play)
- Marc Lyons (analyst)
- Jason Shepherd (sideline)
- Begins at 10 a.m. on BYU Radio/Sirius XM 143 and KSL Newsradio 102.7FM/1160 AM and online
- Greg Wrubell and a group of other analysts preview the scrimmage.
- Immediately following the scrimmage’s end on BYU Radio/Sirius XM 143 and KSL Newsradio 102.7FM/1160 AM and online
- Player and coach interviews, highlights, analysis, and more.
- BYU Sports Network
- KSL News Radio
- Sirius/XM Radio Channel 143 (BYU Radio)
- BYU Radio or BYUCougars apps
What questions do you want answered in these spring scrimmages? Who are you most excited to see in action? What are your expectations for this upcoming season, with plenty of new personnel both on the team and coaching staff? Leave all thoughts in our game thread below.