The AP Preseason Poll was released Monday morning, and BYU SHOCKINGLY didn’t receive any votes.
3 BYU opponents appear on the list, with a handful of others receiving votes.
- #4 Wisconsin: BYU travels to Madison week 3 after opening the season with Arizona and Cal. After getting trounced 40-6 by the Badgers in Provo last year, BYU will be hard pressed to make this matchup any closer. With arguably the nation’s best offensive line, a Heisman Trophy contender at running back and an experienced QB, Wisconsin will be battling to make the College Football Playoff.
- #6 Washington: BYU ends a brutal September with a trip to Seattle. The Huskies may have the best secondary in the nation, and have a four-year starter at QB and one of the top running backs in the nation in Myles Gaskin. This one could get ugly.
- #22 Boise State: One of two Group of 5 teams in the top 25 (UCF is 21), the Broncos return most of their top contributors from a 11-3 squad. BYU travels to the blue turf November 3.
Others Receiving Votes:
- Utah: The Utes narrowly missed out on the Top 25, as they come in at number 28 overall.
- Arizona: The Wildcats received a handful of votes, as they are number 31 overall.