Three games into the season, BYU has made some changes to its publicly released depth chart prior to Saturday’s game versus McNeese State.
Here are each of the changes ahead of Saturday’s game.
- Middle Linebacker- Butch Pau’u suited up for the Wisconsin game, but was held out last minute due to a hand injury. Adam Pulsipher filled in admirably and ended the game with 8 tackles. Both are listed as starters with the “or” designation separating the two. Ed Lamb said that Butch is expected to play Saturday.
BYU linebackers coach Ed Lamb said LB Butch Pau'u was suited up and warmed up and was ready to play against Wisconsin, but wasn't at full strength and was held out at last minute. Lamb said Pau'u (hand injury) has practiced this week and is expected to play Saturday vs. McNeese.— Jay Drew (@drewjay) September 19, 2018
- Left Guard- Keanu Saleapaga got his first career start at left guard versus Wisconsin and filled in for two-year starter Thomas Shoaf. They are separated with the “or” designation in this week’s depth chart.
- Center- After being listed as co-starters at the start of the season, James Empey has established himself as the starter over Jacob Jimenez.
- Cornerback- Beau Tanner was listed as a co-starter at both the left cornerback and nickel spots before the season, but he is no longer on the depth chart. Michael Shelton and Keenan Ellis are separated with the “or” designation at the nickel spot with Shelton as the starter at the left cornerback spot. No word on if Beau Tanner is still with the team or not.
- Punter- Rhett Almond and Danny Jones were listed as co-starters at the start of the season, but Rhett Almond has taken every punt and has established himself as the starting punter.
Below is the depth chart released by BYU.