Coach Sitake and select players spoke to the media Monday afternoon looking ahead to the Boise State game. We highlighted some of the depth chart and personnel changes from the last game versus South Florida.
- Quarterback: Jeff Grimes and Kalani Sitake were both “hopeful” that Jaren Hall will be available Saturday after suffering what appeared to be a concussion, but his status is still up in the air for Saturday. Baylor Romney will be the starter if Hall is unable to go, and the depth chart reflects that with an “or” designation between the two.
- Offensive line: After enjoying good health through the first five games, the offensive line’s depth is now being tested. Tristen Hoge and Kieffer Longson were both held out versus USF due to injury, and Keanu Saleapaga and Thomas Shoaf both got hurt during the game. All four of those guys are listed on the depth chart, but their status is still unknown heading into the game.
- Defense: No changes on the defensive depth chart from last week
Other Injuries/Personnel Notes
- Dayan Ghanwoloku dressed for Saturday’s game, but was held out for what Ilaisa Tuiaki described as a hamstring injury. Dayan is expected to be available for the Boise State game.
- Players of the game versus South Florida, as picked by the coordinators: Talon Shumway (offense), Isaiah Herron (Defense), Tyler Allegeier and Austin Kafentzis (Special Teams)