BYU Football (3-4) will return off a bye this week at Utah State (4-3). The in-state battle for the “Old Wagon Wheel” resulted in a victory for the Utah State Aggies in Provo last year, 45-20.
Last week, Utah State faced Air Force and was handed its third loss of the season, 31-7. Utah State’s other two losses came at no. 5 LSU and at Wake Forest in the first game of the year, meaning all of the Aggies losses have come on the road, so BYU would be the first to beat them at home.
BYU did not play last week, having its second bye of the season. Two weeks ago, the Cougars pulled off an exciting upset of then-no. 14 Boise State, 28-25. This was with third-string QB Baylor Romney playing — Jaren Hall is expected to be back and healthy this week though the official starter has yet to be announced. Hopefully BYU can keep whatever amazing momentum they had two weeks ago going.
The Color Guide says to wear royal blue if you will be at the game. If you will not be there, here is how to watch:
- Sat. Nov. 2, 8:00 p.m. MT
- Maverik Stadium, Logan, Utah
TV Broadcast Team:
- Jason Benetti (play by play)
- Rod Gilmore (analyst)
- Quint Kessenich (sideline)
- Countdown to Kickoff (7 p.m. MT on BYUtv and byutvsports.com)
- Dave McCann and a group of other analysts preview the game.
- BYUtv Sports Post-Game (11:30 p.m. MT, or immediately following the game’s end on BYUtv and byutvsports.com)
- Player and coach interviews, game highlights, analysis, and more.
Leave any and all of your thoughts from before, during, or after the game in the comments below.