BYU Football is far away from home this week, playing their penultimate game of the regular season against the Minutemen of UMASS in Amherst, Massachusetts. The game will be early Saturday. And if you’re not in the New England area, it’s going to cost you if you want to see it, but we’ll get into that in a moment (for full broadcast details and explanations, check out this page).
This will be BYU’s first game since news broke that Coach Kalani Sitake has been extended through the 2023 season. That announcement officially came on Monday, after BYU’s win on Senior Day against Idaho State. The Cougars beat the Bengals, 42-10, and Tom Holmoe was seen in the locker room wearing an ‘Extend Kalani’ shirt afterwards. The win over Idaho State marked Zach Wilson’s return to play, and set the Cougars up for bowl eligibility. Immediately following, they were officially invited to the Hawaii Bowl. BYU’s record on the year is 6-4.
UMASS is 1-10 on the season, with that lone win coming back in Sept. against Akron, 37-29. They’ve lost six in a row since, last week at Northwestern, 45-6.
If you’ll be in Amherst, the year’s Color Guide says to wear navy blue. If you will be watching from home, here’s how you can do that:
- Sat. Nov. 23, 10:00 a.m. MT
- Warren McGuirk Alumni Stadium, Amherst, Massachusetts
- FloFootball — According to FloFootball’s website, you can subscribe monthly or annually. The monthly subscription is $12.95. The site says you can cancel your subscription at any time, and you should be able to watch FloFootball using streaming devices. We have also seen that there is a $20 one-time option (though it seems like the option that would save you is the $12.95 fee, cancelling your subscription after you watch). Copy that?
This week's BYU at UMass game is on FloFootball. It's a website.— Jarom Jordan (@jaromjordan) November 18, 2019
It'll cost $20 for a one time fee to watch the game.
Trust, me BYUtv tried to simulcast this. No go.
Of course, @byuradio has every BYU Football game on its air, including this Saturday.
- NESN (regional)
TV Broadcast Team:
- Josh Maurer (play by play)
- Andy Gresh (analyst)
- Matt Goldstein (sideline)
- Countdown to Kickoff (9 a.m. MT on BYUtv and byutvsports.com)
- Dave McCann and a group of other analysts preview the game.
- BYUtv Sports Post-Game (Immediately following the game’s end on BYUtv and byutvsports.com)
- Player and coach interviews, game highlights, analysis, and more.
Leave any and all of your thoughts from before, during, or after the game in the comments below. You can also feel free to leave any questions about how to watch this one, since it’s a little different, but please direct complaints to UMASS/FloFootball, and not us!! We’re just as mad as you all are.