Though it’s unclear who will start at QB, BYU Football will be back in action Saturday evening, facing the Liberty Flames (a fellow independent) for the first time ever.
BYU comes to the game off of an impressive performance up in Logan last week, beating Jordan Love and Utah State, 42-14, with both Jaren Hall and Baylor Romney seeing time at QB, looking calm, cool, and collected. According to the depth chart, there is a possibility Zach Wilson will return this week against Liberty, though it doesn’t sound like he or Hall practiced too much this week.
Liberty comes to Provo after absolutely smacking UMASS at UMASS last week, 63-21. Liberty is 6-3 on the season, with those three losses coming at Rutgers and Louisiana, and against no. 22 Syracuse.
After beating Utah State last week, BYU finds themselves at .500 on the year (4-4) and still seeking bowl eligibility.
The Color Guide says to wear navy blue if you’ll be at Lavell Edwards Stadium. Here’s how to watch, for the rest of you:
- Sat. Nov. 9, 5:30 p.m. MT
- LaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, Utah
TV Broadcast Team:
- Mike Corey (play by play)
- Rene Ingoglia (analyst)
- Countdown to Kickoff (4 p.m. MT on BYUtv and byutvsports.com)
- Dave McCann and a group of other analysts preview the game.
- BYUtv Sports Post-Game (9 p.m. MT, or immediately following the game’s end on BYUtv and byutvsports.com)
- Player and coach interviews, game highlights, analysis, and more.
Leave any and all of your thoughts from before, during, or after the game in the comments below.