BYU Basketball is coming off of a thrilling (or terrifying, however you wanna look at it) 88-82 overtime win at San Diego and will face Loyola Marymount at Gersten Pavilion Saturday afternoon.
This is the second time the Cougars and Lions will meet this season. In the first matchup at the Marriott Center, BYU won, 67-49. That game was on Feb. 2.
BYU is still holding steady at second in the WCC but needs to keep winning in order to stay there and earn a double bye in the upcoming conference tournament.
The Cougars are a pretty impressive 9-3 in WCC play and 17-10 overall while the Lions are 5-7 in conference play and 17-9 overall.
LMU played no. 3 Gonzaga Thursday and gave the Zags a tougher time than anybody else has, recently. LMU was within three points of Gonzaga halfway through the second quarter. Ultimately, Gonzaga won, 73-60, but it was a dog fight pretty much the whole way through.
ESPN’s Matchup Predictor gives LMU a nearly 50 percent chance of winning this second match with BYU. Here’s how you can watch:
- Sat. Feb. 16, 2:00 p.m. MST
- Gersten Pavilion, Los Angeles, CA
- Spectrum Sports Network
- AT&T Rocky Mountain (**This is the channel most Utah viewers watch the game on — the game broadcast will be DELAYED. The game is at 2 p.m. MST but will be shown at 5 p.m. MST on this channel)
- ROOT Sports Northwest
- NBC Sports Bay Area
- TheW.tv (**Probably the best option for Utah viewers hoping to watch live)
TV Broadcast Team:
- Steve Quis (play-by-play)
- Ryan Hollins (analyst)
- Kirsten Watson (courtside)
Leave any thoughts from before, during, or after the game in the comments below.