FOOTBALL IS BACK and one of the best games of the year comes early this season — A little rivalry some refer to as The Holy War (or The Deseret First Duel, or what have you)... BYU vs. Utah. It’s been a long time coming for this one. And BYU’s got some payback to get after giving up a 20-0 lead the last time the two teams played. And also payback coming for the whole 8-0 thing. UGH. Anyway.
BYU and Utah last saw each other on Nov. 24 in Salt Lake City where Utah won, 35-27. But let’s not relive that any of that anymore. It’s a new season and both teams look a little different (while actually returning some key starters, though, like the QBs for each team). Utah has had more hype surrounding it this year than in seasons past, with Lee Corso even picking them to play for the National Championship on College Gameday last week. (Needless to say, it would be awesome if BYU spoiled all that hype in game no. 1.)
If you won’t be at BYU’s home stadium for the first game of the year (wear royal if you will be), here’s how you can tune in:
- Thurs. Aug. 29, 8:15 p.m. MT
- LaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, Utah
TV Broadcast Team:
- Anish Shroff (play by play)
- Ahmad Brooks (analyst)
- Kris Budden (sideline)
- Countdown to Kickoff (6 p.m. MT on BYUtv and byutvsports.com)
- Dave McCann and a group of other analysts preview the game.
- BYUtv Sports Post-Game (immediately following the game’s end on BYUtv and byutvsports.com)
- Player and coach interviews, game highlights, analysis, and more.
Leave any and all of your thoughts from before, during, or after the game in the comments below.