From what we’ve seen and heard, a lot of y’all are headed to Knoxville, TN to see the Cougars take on the Volunteers Sat. evening. If you’re wondering what to do while you’re there, this article is for you. ‘Along the Trail’ is a piece that will give suggestions of what to eat and what to do for all of BYU’s away games (that we can find someone to contribute for us)! Huge thanks to Dillon Bunn for helping us out this week. He went to the University of Tennessee. Here are his suggestions (click the link for exact addresses and more info):
Things to do:
- Sunsphere. “Right next to UT campus is a beautiful park and location of the 1982 World’s Fair! It has beautiful lakes and an impressive golden sphere in the middle.”
- Ijams Nature Center. “Just a few miles from campus is a vast forest/nature center/hiking trails. This is a great place to go for some outdoor activities, including kayaking!
- West Town Mall. “A great mall for all your shopping needs! Located in West Knoxville and has some great food including a Cheesecake Factory.”
Places to eat:
- Gus’s Good Times Deli. “This joint is right in the heart of University of Tennessee. Nothing too fancy but the food in incredible and a favorite of students!”
- Calhoun’s on the River. “This is a great restaurant offering the most beautiful views located on the Tennessee river.”
- Downtown Grill & Brewery. “Located in the middle of downtown Knoxville. If you’re a beer lover this is the place for you. Incredible food. And located steps from downtown entertainment and historical venues!”
Feel free to add any additional suggestions you have in the comments below. Be sure to share with us if you try any of these places out, and let us know what you think of them. Reach out to me if you’d like to help us out with an ‘Along the Trail’ piece in the future this season. Go Cougs!