It’ll be Cougars against Cougars Friday night when no. 14 BYU travels to Texas to take on Houston.
The Houston Cougars (1-0) will be playing just their second game of the season after their first three were postponed. They first played in Houston on Oct. 8 against Tulane and won a barn burner, 49-31.
The BYU Cougars (4-0) played UTSA in Provo on Oct. 10 and won by a lot less than Vegas thought they might (BYU was a nearly 5 TD favorite), but won nonetheless, 27-0.
The two Cougar teams have faced off twice in the past — BYU won both games. The game at Houston will be BYU’s first of the year where any fans are allowed. TDECU Stadium will allow up to 25 percent capacity.
Here’s how you can watch, if you’re not one of the lucky few fans who snagged tickets:
- Fri. Oct. 16, 7:30 p.m. MT
- TDECU Stadium, Houston, Texas
TV Broadcast Team:
- Jason Benetti (play by play)
- Andre Ware (analyst)
- Kris Budden (sideline)
- Countdown to Kickoff (6:30 p.m. MT on BYUtv and byutvsports.com)
- Dave McCann and a group of other analysts preview the game.
- BYUtv Sports Post-Game (Immediately following the game’s end on BYUtv and byutvsports.com)
- Player and coach interviews, game highlights, analysis, and more.
Leave any and all of your thoughts from before, during, or after the game in the comments below.