After a week off thanks to COVID, no. 18 BYU Football will be back in action on Saturday night against the visiting Troy Trojans of Alabama. It will be the first-ever meeting between the two teams.
BYU (1-0) was meant to play at no. 22 Army last week, but that game was postponed. So the Cougars last played on Sept. 7 at Navy, where they put on a dominant enough performance over Navy (55-3 win) to get and keep them in the AP Top 25 Poll.
Troy (1-0) played its first game of the season on Sat. Sept. 19 at Middle Tennessee. The Trojans put on quite the show, defeating the Blue Raiders, 47-14.
All fans need instructions on how to watch Saturday night’s game, since Utah County moved back into the ‘Orange’ level restriction for COVID this week, and the 6,000 fans that were going to be allowed into LaVell Edwards Stadium will not be allowed anymore. There were no fans at the Navy game, either, so it won’t be completely new territory for the Cougars.
Here’s how you can see Troy at BYU:
- Sat. Sept. 26, 8:15 p.m. MT
- LaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, Utah
TV Broadcast Team:
- Dave Flemming (play by play)
- Rod Gilmore (analyst)
- Stormy Buonantony (sideline)
- Countdown to Kickoff (7 p.m. MT on BYUtv and byutvsports.com)
- Dave McCann and a group of other analysts preview the game.
- BYUtv Sports Post-Game (Immediately following the game’s end on BYUtv and byutvsports.com)
- Player and coach interviews, game highlights, analysis, and more.
Leave any and all of your thoughts from before, during, or after the game in the comments below.