This game will be a difficult challenge for the Y. Between Ilaisa Tuiaki’s ZERO experience against a triple option, the loss of top offensive playmaker Matt Bushman, and the bizarre circumstances of the 2020 season in general, everything is on the table for Monday’s season opener.
In this episode of CougarCast:
- A break down of BYU Football’s first released depth chart.
- Can BYU’s offense get out of the gates quickly? If they can, BYU’s chances of winning increase immensely again Navy.
- Watching out for Navy Linebacker Diego Fagot. He’s a beast.
- Is it terrifying that Ilaisa Tuiaki is freely admitting that he has never had to game plan for and defend a triple-option offense? YES!
- BYU’s depth chart on defense had 14 positions listed, but you can only play 11 guys? What does all that mean for the Cougars D?
- How to tell if BYU defense is holding their own against the Navy Triple Option (other than just looking at rushing yards).
- Ken Niumatalolo’s success at Navy is astonishing.
- Outside of FB Jamale Carothers, Navy’s offensive personnel is unproven.
- Is the game against Navy the challenge of the season for the Y?
- Keys to victory for the Cougars.