After a disappointing overtime loss to the Harvard Crimson yesterday afternoon, BYU faces New Mexico in the losers' bracket of the Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic today. The Cougars have a long history together having been in the same conference for many years. BYU leads the all-time series between the teams 76-55.
New Mexico is coming off a disappointing loss of its own in a close game with Auburn in the first round. The Lobos will rely on three players (Elijah Brown, Tim Williams, Cullen Neal) to carry the team offensively. Brown, Williams, and Neal are all averaging 14.9 or more this season. Brown and Neal combined for 54 points in the losing effort against Auburn and will undoubtedly create a similar defensive challenge for the Cougars.
For a full breakdown of this matchup check out our "What you need to know about BYU basketball and the Diamond Head Classic" preview.
Here are the details you need to watch or listen to the game:
- Wednesday, Dec. 23, 12:30 p.m. MT
- Stan Sheriff Center, Honolulu, HI
TV Broadcast team:
- Kanoa Leahey - play-by-play
- Cory Alexander - analyst
- Cougar IMG Sports Network
- KSL NewsRadio (BYU call)
- New Mexico Lobo Sports Network (New Mexico call)
- Siruis/XM Radio Channel 143 (BYU Radio)
- WatchESPN.com (participating TV provider required)
- There are currently no plans to rebroadcast the BYU vs. New Mexico game.