The BYU Cougars will be looking to get past their disappointing loss to the University of Utah on Wednesday as they return to Salt Lake City to take on another in-state foe, Weber State in the home of the Utah Jazz. The Cougars will be down two players when they tip off against the Wildcats, with both freshman Nick Emery (suspension) and sophomore Jamal Aytes (injury) ruled out for the matchup.
Sophomore Jake Toolson is expected to get the start for the Cougars in Emery's place. BYU will likely need a solid game out of Toolson to make up for the loss Emery, who ranks second on the team in points, assists, and steals.
Weber State junior Jeremy Seglin and senior Joel Bolomboy pose the biggest threat to spoiling BYU's plan of coming out of Salt Lake with a win. Seglin is averaging 20.5 points per game and shooting a scorching hot 58.5 percent from downtown for the Wildcats. Bolomboy provides a solid low post presence for Weber State averaging a double-double at 16.6 points and 11.9 rebounds per game and could create some difficulties for the Cougars' big men.
For a full breakdown of this matchup check out our "What you need to know: BYU vs. Weber State" preview
Here are the details you need to watch or listen to the game:
- Saturday, Dec. 5, 1:00 p.m. MT
- Vivint Smart Home Arena, Salt Lake City, UT
TV Broadcast team:
- Dave McCann - play-by-play
- Blaine Fowler - analyst
- Spencer Linton - courtside
- Cougar IMG Sports Network
- KSL NewsRadio (BYU call)
- KLO 1430 AM Ogden (Weber State call)
- Siruis/XM Radio Channel 143 (BYU Radio)
- Available online at byutv.org and on the BYUtv app for iOS, Android, Roku, and more.
- There are not any scheduled plans for a rebroadcast of Weber State vs. BYU.