Last season, BYU defeated Cincinnati in Provo — 38-24. Cincinnati had the lead going into the fourth quarter. The Bearcats were up 24-17. However, BYU got hot passing in the 4th quarter and scored 21 points.
This season, both BYU and Cincinnati seem pretty different from 1 year ago. Will the game this Saturday in the Queen City be different? Keith and Tosh discuss the matchup on this week’s CougarCast.
In this episode of CougarCast:
- Excitement for the rivalry game — for the Cougarettes. Who is the real national champion? (1:15)
- The overly confident BYU fanbase and the irony of the source of their certainty — that Cincinnati is only 4-4 and have poor QB play. (3:20)
- The impact of the loss of Travis Tuiloma and Meti Taliauli for the remainer of the season. Plus, the legacy of Travis Tuiloma. (6:00)
- What part of the Cincinnati offense scares us? Their receivers. (10:15)
- What challenges with the BYU linebackers and secondary face on Saturday? (14:20)
- Cincinnati’s defense hasn’t been very good at stopping the run, and has been worse at stopping the pass. How is BYU going to try to attack the Bearcats? (16:00)
- Ten for Tosh! (19:25)
- Chili Cookoffs and Yahtzee (22:45)
- The guys are still reeling over the fake punt. (30:40)
- Game and score predictions (33:00)
- Are you going to be able to watch the game as it is on CBS Sports Network? (34:20)
About the Show
2002 Daily Herald Utah County Name of the Year Award Winner Tosh Mackintosh and Keith Shirts are two friends who bond over BYU Sports. Obsessed, passionate, and opinionated, they chop it up over BYU Hoops and Football.
Here are a few iTunes reviews of the show. Please add yours.
Email the show: CougarCast@gmail.com
Follow @CougarCast on Twitter